The ACE Student Manager is responsible for the training and supervision of student peer consultants/tutors working the ACE space. The ASM must demonstrate leadership, be goal oriented, have initiative, and good communication skills.
1. Develop and improve supervisory skills.
2. Improve organizational skills.
3. Improve communication and public services skills.
4. Learn about library resources and operations.
5. Acquire responsibility role skills.
Managers will work approximately 10 hours per week during Fall and Winter terms and may occasionally work more as needed. Hours worked will be during the following shifts:
Sunday – Thursday: 6:45-9:45 pm
ASMs earn $10 per hour.
Applicants for this position must demonstrate leadership, responsibility, communication skills, initiative, customer service skills and good job knowledge, specifically,
1. Ability to supervise peers.
2. Ability to learn and follow detailed record keeping procedures and library building policies.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with students, co-workers, and staff.
5. Dependability, punctuality, and flexibility.
6. Position requires a minimum of one year on campus work experience, with preference given to those with supervisory or managerial experience. (Other managerial and library related experience will be considered and evaluated.)
*Not required but prefer junior or senior academic standing during the fall semester of employment.
1. Responsible for supervising and directing the student work force for an efficient operation of the ACE.
2. Assist with training and scheduling of student peer consultants/tutors and the monitoring and keeping of records of exceptions (absences or tardiness, etc.).
3. Maintain safety and security of library patrons, collections, and building.
4. Assist in the review process for tutors and provide feedback of particular concerns immediately.
5. Enforce Library policies and procedures.
6. Assist the Library Student Managers with enforcing all safety rules and emergency procedures.
7. Prepare workstudy timesheets for signing (verify hours, exceptions, etc.).
8. Maintain a presence in the library when on duty so that students know whom to seek for assistance.
9. Assist in development and distribution of employee and customer satisfaction surveys.
10. Work scheduled shifts.
11. Attend scheduled ASM meetings and tutor training sessions.
12. Help with special events in the ACE as needed (parent’s weekend, homecoming, etc.).
13. Suggest innovative ideas to improve services in the ACE.
14. Collect statistical data about use of the space and services as directed.
We are accepting applications for an ACE Tutoring Student Manager for the 2017-18 school year. The deadline for application is April 11, 2017
In addition to filling out the form, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ACE Tutoring Manager application."